Video messaging is an extremely powerful tool for building relationships. But, before we get into some basic messaging, there are a few things you should know before sending out a short “Hello!” or follow-up text to clients.
When a lead stops responding to emails or doesn’t pick up your call, here’s what you should do: Send a text message with a video
Tips for The Best Video Texts
Video Texts are designed to be casual, so don’t overthink it! Still, before you hit Record, make sure you follow some basic video recommendations!
- Maintain eye level when using your phone or camera. For a really flattering angle, tilt your lens down just a smidge.
- Smile 😁! It will literally light up the video. A quick tip: Before and after your video, use your smile as a timestamp.
- Speak with confidence and clarity.
- Place any light source in front of you rather than behind you! This will ensure that you don’t have any shadows or glare.
- Make a quick outline of what you’ll say to help you stay on topic and avoid making any mistakes, but don’t write out a full script! Keep it natural.
What to Say in a Video Text
While a single generic message can be recorded and sent to all leads, it’s ideal to produce a separate video for each contact if possible.
Mentioning your client’s name will let them know that this was a personalized outreach designed specifically for them because they came to mind at that particular time.
Video Text Script Examples
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to say. Here are some of our recommendations to help engage your clients and leads personally!
- Hi, (first name)! You inquired about a few homes… and I’m eager to tell you about what’s popped up in the market. When you have a moment, text me back to let me know when you’re available to talk more! Have a wonderful day!
- Hi, (first name)! I was just at my son’s soccer practice when I realized that the park just recently installed a new dog park! I thought it would make this neighborhood a great fit for you and (dog’s name). It’s on (insert place) you should go check it out. Hope all is well!
- Hi,(first name)! I know you’ve been waiting to buy a new home, but I wanted to tell you about something that just came on the market that I think you’ll like! Please let me know if you have any questions.
How to Send a Video Text
Now that you’re ready to send a video text, here’s how to do it in LionDesk!
With LionDesk, you can upload videos or record videos from your computer. You can also download our mobile app and record videos from your phone!
Click here to learn how to upload or record video with LionDesk
The power of video will help you stand out in a busy inbox and impress your clients and colleagues. Using video messaging to demonstrate your competence, character, and personality will help you build stronger professional relationships.
Don’t Have LionDesk?
There’s no better time to start than now. Sign up for a FREE 30 day Trial of LionDesk today!